Terms and Conditions
In this document, "us", "we", or "our" means the registered sole trader Michael James Newman trading as IceWater Marine Training, ABN 11 551 394 738, owner of this website.
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
We may at any time and without notice:
- amend or modify these Terms and Conditions
- terminate or suspend this website or any part of it.
The material contained on this website is protected by copyright. You may use these websites only for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on these websites, or create any other material using material on these websites, without obtaining our prior written consent.
Trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining our prior written consent.
The website, products, technology and processes contained in this website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by the site owner or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions. Your use of this website must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
This website may contain links to, or frame, websites of third parties ("external sites"). We are not required to maintain or update the links.
Links to, or framing of, external sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by us of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on this website.
We make no warranties and accept no liability in relation to material contained on external sites.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. Any web server (including this one) may:
- store one or more cookies in your browser;
- request your browser to transmit this data back to the web server; or
- request your browser to transmit a cookie that has been stored on your browser by another site within the same Internet domain.
These websites may store cookies on your web browser in order to improve service for you on your subsequent visits to these websites.
By using cookies, websites can track information about visitors' use of the site and provide customised content. Most web browsers can be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it. You may also inspect the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
Disclaimers, liability and indemnity
Certain statutory warranties under consumer protection laws will be implied for the benefit of consumers. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude or restrict the application of such laws; but we do not give any guarantee or warranties or make any representation of any kind, express or implied, with respect to use of this website outside these laws.
Subject to claims available under consumer protection laws:
- we are not liable to you or anyone else (including for negligence, breach of contract or tort) for any loss or damage (including specific, indirect, consequential or economic loss) however caused and which is suffered directly or indirectly in connection with the use of this website.
- we are not liable for disruptions to this website.
- we are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this website or an external site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from this website is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer systems.
Please refer to this website for information on course fees. E-Way the E-commerce platform that this website is using, charges an administration fee and these charges are not refundable. See E-WAY. IceWater Marine also charges administrative fees incurred due to course cancellations. Both these fees total $10.00 AUD.
Course Cancellations are either initiated by the:
- Participant advises IceWater Marine Training prior to course commencement (via phone followed by email) at least 48 hours of the commencement of the course that they are withdrawing from the course. IceWater Marine Training may either reimburse the participant the full course amount minus Administration fees totaling $10.00 AUD if requested by the participant or may include the Participant on the next training course.
- Participant has not notified IceWater Marine Training at least 48 hours prior to commencement and fails to show for the scheduled course at all, or fails to arrive within 30 minutes of start time without a valid reason. This requirement is due to the need for instructor to re-visit previous material (extending course time) and delaying commencement and finishing of practical component. NIL REFUND. IceWater Marine MAY include participant on the next scheduled course.
- Government authorities initiates "Covid" or other type of Government Lockdown in either course location or participants/Instructor's departure from their address. Full refund is given minus Administration Fees totaling $10.00 AUD, Or if requested inclusion on the next Training Course.
- Cancellations of Practical Component due to unforeseen circumstances for example "Vessel Breakdowns" will receive either a Full refund of Practical component or inclusion on the next practical session. No Administration fees are deducted.
The laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia govern these Terms and Conditions.
To contact us regarding these Terms and Conditions
Please contact us in writing, at the email address shown on this website.