In this policy, "us", "we", or "our" means the registered sole trader Michael James Newman trading as IceWater Marine Training, ABN 11 551 394 73, owner of this website.
We may review and update this policy at times, including taking account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy.
Information we collect online
We collect the following personal information via our website:
- contact details and requests, comments and other information voluntarily supplied by you
- web statistics recording the paths taken by visitors through the websites. This information is generally only recorded against IP address.
How we collect data
Web statistics are recorded by our website's server. Contact and other details are collected when supplied by you, via our website forms or otherwise.
Why we collect it and how we use it
We collect your contact and other details:
- to respond to requests or queries you raise
- to keep you up to date with news, special offers, and other marketing information which you opt-in to receive.
We collect website statistics:
- to measure and monitor the performance of our website
- to estimate interest in our products and services
- to refine and update our website's content
Our hosting provider may request identifying information from your Internet Service Provider in the event of suspected, attempted or actual abuse of this website or of the server on which it resides.
How & why we disclose data
We may disclose your contact details or business information to third parties under any of these circumstances:
- as part of renaming, sale or reorganisation of IceWater Marine Training
- when explicitly authorised to do so by you
- as required or authorised by any applicable law
- as part of an investigation by us or our hosting provider into your bona fides or your activity on our website (including to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator)
- to lessen or prevent a serious threat to a person's health or safety.
We do not otherwise supply your private or business information to third parties.
Cookies are tokens containing small amounts of information that are passed between a web browser and server. They may be used for various purposes, including to retain information between visits if you return to the website at a later time.
You may opt out by turning off cookies in your browser. Disabling cookies may result in reduced website functionality.
Opting in and out
If you supply us with your email or postal address, you may be asked to opt in to receive marketing information by email or other means. You may opt out of receiving this information at any time, by contacting us in writing.
Information management and security
You acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic or other means cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the Internet or in other ways at your own risk.
All reasonable care is taken to ensure the security and confidentiality of private and business information that we hold: that it is not lost, misused, or inadvertently provided to unauthorised third parties.
You have the right to seek access to and update or correct the information we hold about you. If you make an access request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
If you receive any communication purporting to be connected with us or our products or services that you believe has been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us immediately.
If you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, or would like to request access or changes to the information we hold, please contact us.
Last updated: 30 November 2020